Special Counsel to IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu, has highlighted issues that he has filed on behalf of his client for the high court to judge during the next trial.
Nnamdi Kanu’s special adviser and head lawyer, Aloy Ejimakor, said in a statement that the high court of Abia state will look into his client’s fundamental rights suite on the 19th of January, 2022.
His statement said that Justice Benson Anya of the Abia state high court had heard and concluded the suit on merit on the 10th of December, 2021.
Aloy Ejimakor had filed the case along with other cases on the 27th of August, 2021.
These are the things he asked the court to do on behalf of Nnamdi Kanu:
- A Declaration that the military invasion of Kanu’s home in Abia State in September 2017 by the Nigeria Federal government is illegal, unlawful, and does not follow the constitution and amounts to an infringement of his fundamental rights to life, dignity of his client, his personal freedom, and fair hearing as guaranteed under the Nigeria Constitution and the African Charter on Human and People’s rights.
- A declaration that the arrest of Kanu in Kenya by agents of the Nigerian government without due process of law is illegal, does not make sense, does not follow the constitution, is unlawful and amounts to an infringement of his fundamental rights against any arrest to his personal freedom and to fair hearing as guaranteed under the Nigerian constitution and the African charter on human and people’s rights.
- A declaration that the torture and detention of Kanu in Kenya by agents of the Nigerian Federal government is illegal, unlawful, does not follow the constitution and amounts to going against his fundamental rights against torture and to fair hearing, as guaranteed under the Nigerian constitution and the African charter on human and people’s rights.
- Nnamdi Kanu’s transfer from Kenya to Nigeria by the Federal Republic of Nigeria and later detention and prosecution for charge No: FHC/ABJ/CR/383/2015 (Federal Republic of Nigeria v. Kanu) is illegal, unlawful, does not follow the Nigerian constitution and amounts to going against his fundamental rights against unlawful expulsion and detention, and to fair hearing, as guaranteed under the Nigeria constitution and the African charter on human and people’s rights.
- An Order of injunction to stop the Nigerian Federal government from taking any further steps concerning the prosecution of Kanu for charge No. FHC/ABJ/CR/383/2015 (Federal Republic of Nigeria v. Nnamdi Kanu) pursuant to his unlawful expulsion from Kenya to Nigeria.
- An Order to instruct and force the Nigerian Federal government to immediately release Kanu from detention and to give him back his freedom, just as he was as of June 19th, 2021; and to thereupon send him back to Britain, which is his country where he lives and is a citizen.
- An Order to instruct and force the Nigerian Federal government to issue an official Letter of Apology to Kanu for going against his fundamental rights and the publication of this Letter of Apology to three (3) national dailies.
Read More On NewsPlanet Nigeria
“This boy go show me pass wetin I show my papa” – Tobi Bakre Says As He Disciplines His Son (Video)
Tobi Bakre, renowned Nollywood actor and BBNaija star, recently took to social media to express his concerns about his toddler...
Reactions As BBNaija’s Doyin David Says She Doesn’t Know Who Wole Soyinka Is (Video)
In a recent interview on The Morning Brief, Doyin David, a Big Brother Naija star, found herself at the center...
“Don’t Go To Big Brother Naija If You Are Not Mentally St@ble” – BBNaija’s Doyin (Video)
In a recent appearance on the Morning Brief Show, BBNaija star Doyin David shed light on the mental health struggles...
“I’m Ilebaye’s Mum, Of Course My DM Is Filled With Account Numbers” – Ilebaye’s mum, Mrs. Odiniya Joins The ‘Of Course’ Challenge (Video)
Mrs. Odinaya, the mother of Big Brother Naija ‘All Stars‘ winner Ilebaye Odiniya, recently shared a humorous revelation about her...
“8 years of hanging with my best friend” – BBNaija’s Ebuka Obi Uchendu Pens Sweet Note To Wife On Their 8th Wedding Anniversary
Nigerian media personality Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, affectionately known as Ebuka, and his wife Cynthia Obianodo are commemorating their 8th wedding anniversary...
“Please do not fart around me, have some respect” – BBNaija’s Tolanibaj Says As She Sends Her Future Partner A Message
Big Brother Naija star Tolani Baj has stirred up a debate by revealing one of the things she doesn’t tolerate...
“You’re always by my side, God bless the day you were born” – BBNaija’s Dorathy Bachor Says As She Celebrates Lilo Aderogba On Her Birthday
Big Brother Naija star Dorathy Bachor has taken to Instagram to shower her best friend and fellow reality TV star...
- Education2 days ago
University of Manitoba Undergraduate Scholarships 2024 (Study In Canada)
- Apps3 days ago
How To Get Free Cashapp Money 2024 (It Works!)
- Apps3 days ago
How To Unmute Notes On Instagram In 4 Easy Steps
- Phones8 hours ago
How To Tell If Someone Is Accessing Your Iphone Remotely: 3 Signs to Look For
- Electronics/Gadgets2 days ago
How To Get A Voice Changer On Xbox In 2024