Senator Iyorchia Ayu has become the new National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) after their national convention which happened in Abuja on Saturday, the 30th of October, 2021.
The politician won even though he did not have an opponent and won with 3426 votes.
Senator Iyorchia Ayu was the former senate president of Nigeria from the years 1992 to 1993. He was the consensus candidate for the position and will now be in charge of the leadership of the main opposition party, PDP, with 19 other Nigerian officials who were elected to the People’s Democratic Party national working committee.
The Committee elected the new leaders in Eagle’s Square, Abuja, during the National Convention. The convention started on the 30th of October and ended in the morning of October 31st, 2021.
Below are the names of the newly elected leaders of the People’s Democratic Party.
- Senator Iyorchia Ayu (National chairman of PDP)
- Umar Iliya Damagum (Deputy national chairman of Northern Nigeria)
- Taofeek Arapaja-(Deputy national chairman of Southern Nigeria)
- Samuel Anyanwu (National secretary of PDP)
- Setonji Koshoede (Deputy national secretary of PDP)
- Ahmed Yayari Mohammed (National Treasurer of PDP)
- Ndubisi Eneh David (Deputy national treasurer)
- Daniel Woyegikuro (National financial secretary of the PDP)
- Adamu Kamale (Deputy national financial secretary of the PDP)
- Umar Bature (National organizing secretary of the PDP)
- Ighoyota Amori (Deputy national organizing secretary of the PDP)
- Stella Effah-Attoe (National Woman Leader of the PDP)
- Hajara Yakubu Wanka (Deputy national woman leader of the PDP)
- Kamaldeen Adeyemi Ajibade (National legal adviser of the PDP)
- Okechukwu Osuoha (Deputy national legal adviser of the PDP)
- Mohammed Kadade Suleiman (National youth leader of the PDP)
- Timothy Osadolor (Deputy national youth leader of the PDP)
- Debo Ologunagba (National publicity secretary of PDP)
- Ibrahim Abdullahi (Deputy national publicity secretary of PDP)
- Daniel Okechukwu Obiechina (National Auditor of the PDP)