Your sim is not useless just because you are not making calls recently. it’s because your sim has been barred from making calls by Telco because your SIM is not registered with your NIN (National Identification Number), this was ordered by the Federal Government.
If you are unable to make calls and sending messages. It does not mean your line is down but it means you need to register for your NIN to reconnect back to making calls and sending messages
According to the Federal Government, as far as the register is concerned, people who were affected by the policy can still use their sim cards but only for browsing and not calling and sms texting.
Affected individuals are advised to register for their NINs at designated centers and thereafter link the NINs to their SIMs through the channels provided by NIMC and Telcos, including the NIMC mobile App.
When you want to register your NIN with your mobile number, you will likely need:
- Mobile Number
- Full Name
- National identification Number (which you can obtain by dialing *346#)
- Email Address
- Date Of Birth.
How do I link my NIN to my MTN number?
- Customer NIN Capture can be found at https://mtnonline.com/nin/
- You will see the form, and you will fill it in with your full name.
- Then enter your MTN mobile number.
- Enter your NIN.
- Fill in your email address.
- Then click on the button with the word ‘SUBMIT‘ written on it.
MTN mobile short code for NIN linking
You can also dial *785#.
It will ask you to input your 11-digit National Identification Number, then send it. It would tell you if it was or was not successful.
Read More: Justin Dean Files A Defamation Claim Against His Wife, Korra Obidi, And Friends
“SIM not linked to NIN to be barred from today” – Federal Government
National Identification Number (NIN) Matching: 9mobile launches intelligent portal for instant verification
How to Link NIN to Your GLO Number [Globacom NIN]
Send Update To 109, enter your first name (with a space) and last name.
How to link NIN to the Airtel line
- Dial *121*1 # as the first step.
- Enter your 11-digit National Identification Number (NIN) in this field.
- After you receive a text message saying “it is successful,” then you are good to go.
How to Connect an NIN to a 9Mobile Number
- Go to https://9mobile.com.ng/nin for more information.
- Click on the green space where they wrote “verify and link your NIN now.”
- Enter your mobile number and fill in the requirements.