Four Children Electrocuted After Power Cable Fell On A Container Shop In Ondo State

More at NewsPlanet Nigeria
Not too long ago, children were electrocuted after a newly installed power cable fell on a container shop in Ondo State.

At least four children were electrocuted. Two siblings have been confirmed dead and two others are currently being treated at a hospital in Oke Igbo in the Ile-Oluji/Okeigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The container shop was being rented by the parents of one of the children. It was gathered that the two siblings went to visit the owner of the container, who is their aunt.

Eyewitnesses said that the children were playing in the container shop when the power cable fell.

One of the eyewitnesses revealed how she escaped, and this survivor is identified as Blessing.

Children Electrocuted

She said,

“We were playing and suddenly, power was restored. Immediately, we heard a sparkling sound, and we ran out of the shop, not knowing that the new cable wire had cut and fallen on my mummy’s container shop.

As we ran out of the container, the wire trapped our legs, and we could not walk again. So, I sat on the plank that was close to me, but the remaining children started shaking and vomiting blood.I shouted for help and people came to rescue us, and we were rushed to the General Hospital, Ile-Oluji. ”

Read More; “How My Husband Left Me To Marry Someone Else In Enugu” — Turkey-Based Nigerian Woman Cries Out.

Husband Kills Wife, Removing Her Intestine In Plateau State

Electric Shock Injuries in Children

The owner of the shop and aunt of the two siblings, Ronke Adebiyi, said she was not around when the incident happened.

Read More  Hotels In Fear As They Close Down Due To Anambra Election

More at NewsPlanet Nigeria

She said;

“In the evening, I received a call that my shop was burning. I ran down to check on my children. On getting there, I saw people gathered and kept asking: “Where are my children?” Later, one of them, Blessing, ran out of the shop, but the others were lying on the floor.

They were rushed to the hospital, but there was no sufficient oxygen they could use for five of them. So, four months later, he passed away. But the case of the sixth child was not critical as she could walk and talk.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *