Four Children Die And Five Others Injured While Playing In Bouncing Castle In Australia

More at NewsPlanet Nigeria
Four children have died and five other children have been injured after they fell from a bouncy castle in Australia.

The police say that the heavy wind was the reason the accident happened. The accident happened on Thursday at a primary school fun day in Devonport, Tasmania.

Australian authorities said the children fell from a height of about 10 metres.

Two boys and two girls died after they fell from above.

More at NewsPlanet Nigeria

Although the ages of the children were not revealed, the authorities said all the children are in grades five and six, the grades which are attended by children aged 10–12 years old.

Heavy wind was reported to be the cause of the bouncy castle and inflatable balls flying up in the air, Tasmanian Police Commissioner Darren Hine said.

Read More: Worst Tornado Ever Kills Almost 100 People In Kentucky, US

12 Years After, My Daughters Are Still In Kidnappers’ Den

“Our hearts have broken for the families and loved ones, teachers and schoolmates of the young children who have gone too soon.” He added

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison described the accident as an unthinkably distressing and heartbreaking incident.

More at NewsPlanet Nigeria

“These were young children who went out for fun and it turned out to be this kind of horrible tragedy. At this time of the year, it is just heartbreaking, “he said.

Hillcrest Primary School was quickly evacuated after the accident occurred at 10:00 a.m. (23:00 p.m. in West Africa).

They gave the injured children first aid before flying them in helicopters to the hospital for medical treatment.

Read More  Ghanaian Actress, Efia Odo And Ghanaians React To Compulsory Vaccination Of Citizens In Airports

They informed the parents after the incident happened, which happened on the last day of the school year.

Four Children Die And Five Others Injured While Playing In Bouncing Castle In Australia

Reports say that parents have gone to the school to take their children.

A parent said to an Australian reporter that the school had been installing these kinds of things on similar occasions and there had been no problems.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *